Sunday, July 6, 2014

And...I'm Off and Running!

So, since my last blog post, I've begun work on the revision to Roman's Legion, or Tales of the Arizona State Guard: Border War! as it is now being called.

First, I modified my file names and moved them into a different folder relating to Terra-Prime. Next, I developed a list of modifications and additions for the book. Then I copied the Preface to Chaos on Terra-Prime and pasted it into the new Chapter 1 of the new book. Half of this will be moved to a later chapter to denote the major shift in the U.S. of that world.

Then came modification of the previously written material. I added in some new characters, shifted some of the action, removed a major (physical) impediment to our hero, and tweaked the action. Oh, yeah, and cut some material that was no longer needed. Say goodbye to about 6 pages!

But in the past week, I've added the 6 pages for the new Chapter 1 (and later chapter) material, another 4 of pages in rewrites, and, today, 6 pages of new material!!! Not bad...not bad at all! With more to come in the days ahead.

***********


Picked up a couple of sales this month on Kindle...a Foothold and a Honing Your Skills! Plan to do some advertising this week to help get the word out to folks. Please share the word with those you know:

Chaos on Terra-Prime                    $2.99
Foothold on Terra-Bravo                $2.99
Crisis on Terra-Bravo                     $2.99

Honing Your Instructional Skills     $0.99

**********

Julie and I enjoyed a quiet, peaceful 4th of July here in Stillwater! Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment