Sunday, May 31, 2015

Slow But Steady...

Well...bad news and good news!

The bad news is...I haven't finished the edits on Arizona State Guard: Target Terror yet as I had hoped I would. 

The good news is...the story is actually turning out better for me taking that extra time...to get it right!

Along the way, I've discovered some minor plot, grammar, and spelling issues that needed to be addressed. Nothing major, just some little things. I changed a character from male to female and I'm still realigning some of the pronouns. The grammar and spelling issues are commonly found in areas where I wrote late into the night. Sadly, I don't type as fast as I think and sometimes I leave a word unfinished on the page because my brain has moved me on to the next word in the sentence. The thoughts are there, if not all of the words to go with them!

I've also tweaked the cover idea a little with a change of viewpoint. Worked up my pre-visualization (pre-vis) for Sean and spoke with him about it. (Side note: Sean has been busy coaching T-ball this Spring (along with Kyle) and grandsons Tristan and Jeffrey are on the team. The kids are fun to watch and I've taken a few afternoons off to go watch them play.)

So, I'll take this week to finish the edits (for real this time!!!) and Sean can rough out the cover and we'll see where we are next weekend. I'm still on track for a June 2015 e-publication! 


**********

I'd really like to thank Jimmy Badgett for recommending the Glossary for my e-novels. I've built one for the new e-book and will use it as a core document for the previous e-novels when I release the second editions of them. That project is still in the future as Sean and I will need some time for new covers, edits, and such.


**********

Going to keep it short this week. I still want to do some edits this evening!

Stay safe out there, folks!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment