Sunday, June 7, 2015

Very Soon!

That's right! Arizona State Guard: Target Terror, the second book of my new series, will be e-published very soon! In fact, I hope to have it online within a week.

Sean came up with some really nice cover ideas! We sat down the other night and discussed them. From that discussion, we selected a cover design and Sean made several really cool modifications! I think everyone will really like the new cover...I KNOW I DO!!!

My final edits are coming along really well. Finding the usual typos and minor grammar errors that need to be tweaked before publication. My mind outraces my fingers while I type and (quite) often I start on the next word without completing the previous one! So, I end up going back and adding such wonderful letter combinations as "ing", "ly", and "ed" to finish my thoughts. 

I think I have created a well rounded cast of characters for this new e-novel. I've certainly added more insight into the villians this go around. I've tried to keep a certain balance between the protagonists and the antagonists in order to keep the story moving forward.

I've included some illustrations, charts, and a glossary in this e-book. I'm hoping they will make it through the conversion process without bollixing up the works!


**********

On the work front, IFSTA's Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting 6th edition manual is nearing completion! All of the chapters, front and rear matter, and other manual completes have been laid out. Technical review comments are coming in and proofing shouldn't take too long. Our Curriculum Developers are doing a great job putting together the curriculum components. 



**********

The Fire Service has lost several members over the past few weeks to fires, floods, and accidents. Fire fighting is a highly dangerous occupation and all too often we lose brothers and sisters. While I haven't been "on the floor" in many years, I'm still involved in my chosen career field through my work and through my associations with so many of the brave men and women who serve. Please keep our firefighters in your thoughts and prayers!


**********

Summer is fast approaching and while temperatures have stayed relatively mild thus far, please stay aware of the heat in the days, weeks, and months ahead. Please do NOT leave your children or pets in a car with the windows up! Please, be careful!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment