Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Past Week and Looking Forward!

So this last week has flown by...and not all in a good way:

1) My eldest son and his family were involved in a nasty car accident on Friday a week ago. They pulled over for an emergency vehicle and the idiot in the truck behind them was too busy fumbling for his cellphone to stop. He plowed into the back of my son's vehicle! The good news is everyone is okay. The bad news is my son's vehicle is totaled...because some jackass was messing around with his cellphone instead of focusing on his driving. Kudos the firefighters at Stillwater FD Station #4 who provided extrication and first aid to my family members.

2) Last Saturday, I went to Tulsa for the IFSTA Validation Conference. Spent Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning with wonderful people making significant progress on a number of our IFSTA training manuals.

3) While I was in Tulsa on Saturday, the Missus called to say that our water heater died and was leaking. Fortunately, Julie, Sean, and Kyle were able to perform the replacement!

4) On Sunday, I received word that Kirk Harrigan (a friend, mentor, and Brother from my days at Davis-Monthan AFB during the early part of my fire service career) passed away. Kirk, our buddy Tim McPheron, and I rode Rescue together at D-M in 81-83. I credit them with getting my Fire Service career well into gear! Kirk will be sorely missed.

The good news from last week arrived in two parts:

1) The 2017 IFSTA Validation Conference was quite successful. Each of the committees meeting met or exceeded their validation goals. We had an awesome visit to the Fire Protection Publication office on Sunday. 

2) I got to see two more of my Print-on-Demand paperbacks sell on Amazon. I'm sure they're going to a good home and will look nice on my bookshelf right next to my other P-o-D paperbacks! (And I get some of my money back in royalties!!!) Have you bought your copies yet?


**********

Tomorrow night I begin editing Camadin Station Two: Last Stand! My batteries are recharged and I'm ready to hit it hard. I've given Sean my basic cover idea and am eager to see how he makes it come alive. More updates on edits and art in the weeks ahead!

**********

Speaking of my books and e-books, they are still available through my Amazon Author page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney! Please let people know about the site and my novels!




**********

Let's be careful out there, folks! Cellphone calls and texts are NOT worth someone's life. Remember your children and your pets in this Summer heat. Stay hydrated and stay alive!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment