Sunday, August 13, 2017

Part-time Novelist

My novels are products of my imagination and the limited amount of spare time I have in each day. While I'm a full-time editor and photographer in my professional life, I am a part-time novelist seeking a wider audience.




As a part-time novelist, I also do most of my own advertising with the help of the Internet and you, my loyal readers. Facebook, LinkedIn, and other online sources such as Blogger, help me get the word out to you and it is your word-of-mouth that helps get my novels out to more and more people.



I thank each of you for that assistance! Please continue to share information about my books with your family, friends, and postal service workers.

My novels (in either format) may be purchased through my Amazon Author Page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney.



Writing is an interesting process. Sometimes I look at the screen and the muse is not with me but I try to write a little something anyway. I don't always succeed but I do try. Other days, the words just flow from my fingertips onto the page on the screen. Thank God, I'm no longer using a typewriter! Word processors DO make the job easier from a mechanical perspective.

Research can be a problem but thanks to the Internet, the process is improved. I often wonder if someone is tracking my Internet searches!


Something that is helpful in the writing process is privacy, which is currently at a premium in the Fortney Family household. Fortunately, Julie and her family understand that when I'm writing and editing I need some privacy. Of course, this sign above my desk might be part of it!


Work on Camadin Station Two: Last Stand is moving along well. I'm more than 1/2 way through the first edit. Sean thinks he'll be able to deliver the cover by the end of August so I think I'm on track for an early September release of CST:LS in e-book and paperback formats! Stay tuned!

Enjoy what's left of the Summer, my family and friends! Fall will soon be upon us!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment