Thursday, April 3, 2014

Yay!

I want to take a moment to give a shout-out to Brad McLelland, a good friend of mine. Brad told me late yesterday that he and his writing partner, Louis, had been offered representation for their Young Adult Western/Magic story that they have worked so hard on! This is an excellent opportunity for them to get their book (which would be the first in a new series!) out to publishers and ultimately in print! And their choice of such interestingly mixed genres is inspiring! We can't think of anyone writing the stuff they are!

Congratulations, Brad and Louis!!! Here is wishing you all the best!!!

*****

Now some of you may wonder why I haven't gone this route as well with my stories. The truth is, I've thought about it, quite seriously. But I'm not willing at this time to sacrifice sole editorial control over what I write. I've got something I want to say and by setting my stories in the science fiction/adventure genres gives me a way to say it! I may never get another opportunity to say it the way I WANT TO SAY IT otherwise and so I've decided, for now, to e-publish my stories.

If the future allows, I'll seek the means to publish the stories in other media (print!) but for now I'm content with my approach.

*****

I'm working on Chapter 14 of the prequel to the Terra-Bravo Saga and am building to some really cool (I think) action scenes! Chapter 16 should be the kick-off point for the action to start.

*****

Enough for tonight. Y'all have a good night!

And be careful out there!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment