Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wow!

What a rough week on so many levels!

Still, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Right?

I think the peak of frustration, anguish, and pain came Thursday night when I received word of the passing of one of my mentors, James Garrett, who was my Fire Chief at Davis-Monthan AFB back in the early 80s. Chief Garrett was an exemplary leader and was highly respected by all. Rest in Peace, Chief Garrett.

Things have begun to get better!

I'm making headway on the new e-novel. A couple of major scenes and Chapter 6 is now roughed out and Chapter 7 is well underway! Murder, death, and mayhem. Who would have thought writing a murder mystery could be so much fun!

As I work on this e-novel, I have plot components of the next Arizona State Guard e-novel and of two other stand-alone e-novels bubbling up in the back of my mind. I've succeeded (thus far!) from hopping back off of the murder mystery and working on the other ideas. I really am trying to focus on the mystery and bring it to completion before moving on to other things. (Honest!!!)

**********

With the temperatures so high across the country, I've come up with a way folks can battle the heat and prevent heat related injuries and illnesses. Don't go outside and risk sunburn or heatstroke...stay inside with the air conditioner on, download one (or more) of my e-novels, and chill out! (Ah...another famous Fortney pun!)



**********

So as I close out one week and prepare to begin another, I ask each of you to stay safe, stay cool, and have a great week!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment