Monday, November 30, 2015

E-readers and E-books!

E-readers are a blast! I own a Pandigital Novel that was my introduction to e-readers and the office provided me with an iPad to use as part of my job. Both provide Internet access and, more importantly, the ability to read e-books. 

One of the great things about e-readers and e-books is that they provide you with a rapid means of continuing whatever particular saga you are reading. Awhile back I was reading an e-book that was part of a rather large series written by William W. Johnstone. Because I was missing several of the paperbacks in the series, I purchased e-book versions of the missing stories to read. (I have since located the missing paperbacks and added them to my collection!)

As I was reading one of the books on my e-reader, I came to the end of that e-book. And wouldn't you know it, Mr. Johnstone ended the story on a major cliffhanger. So there I was, sitting in my recliner, wanting the story to continue. Julie asked me, "What are you going to do?" I quickly opened the Barnes & Noble app on the Pandigital Novel, found the next book in the series, purchased and downloaded it, and, within 5 minutes, was reading the next story...without getting up from my recliner! 

I've also used the search function within e-books to locate specific passages within e-books. It's much, much faster than searching page by page. Ease of use!!!


**********

So with that in mind, let me introduce you to my existing line of e-books:



These books are available through my Amazon author page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney.


**********

And now, you dear readers can help make the next chapter in my writing career even better. As you may have read already, I have enrolled my latest e-novel, Death Haunts the Stars, in Amazon's Kindle Scout program in the hopes of winning an exclusive Kindle contract. This contract would help me get additional Amazon advertising for this new novel. How can you help, you ask? 

By going to the following link and nominating Death Haunts the Stars for a Kindle Contract. You can make a difference, so I ask you to do so!




**********

So thanks to each of you for your role in my writing career! 

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment