Sunday, October 2, 2016

Bit of a Scare and Some Future Delays

Had a very busy and kind of scary Friday. Visited my doctor that morning about a recurring issue with my left elbow. Found out it is tennis elbow. So he prescribed a tennis elbow band (which works great!) and a strong anti-inflammatory. Put on the band and took the medication and went about my day. Lots and lots to do.

Friday night I was visiting with the kids and I noticed my chin and lips were starting to tingle and grow number...then the lower part of my nose. And then the itching on my arms, legs, neck, and stomach began. Yep! I was having an allergic reaction to the medication. So off to ER where three anti-allergic reaction meds were administered. Sean met us at the hospital and the boys kept me company throughout the incident. Got to leave a couple of hours later!

So, no more of that particular anti-inflammatory for me...ever again!

**********

Julie's father will be arriving soon to visit then moving in with us in the near future. We feel we can provide him the assistance he needs to get feeling better and stronger. So...today I stand a little renovation project on the house to prepare a room for him. We'll be splitting our den (formerly a garage) into two rooms and fixing up one room as a bedroom for Gary, my father-in-law. I'll be working on that project in my off-duty hours for a couple of weeks so I may not get much writing done on the new novel. Family comes first!

**********

If you get a chance, tell your family and friends again about my e-books on Amazon! September was a good month, but not quite as good as August. Let's see if we can jump start sales in October and make it a great month! You've done it before and I know you can do it again.



**********

Fall weather is now upon us and I wish everyone a chance to get out and enjoy it. Wish Julie and I had time to visit Oak Creek Canyon and see the Fall leaves but perhaps another time.

Be safe!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2016

1 comment:

  1. A scary Friday night and delays in the writing process in the near future.

    ReplyDelete