Sunday, January 15, 2017

(N)Ice Day Weekend

Wow!

Another day off from the office due to weather...that really did not turn out to be as bad as predicted! This past Friday we got an ice day, which a friend promptly declared a (N)Ice Day. Cars, structures, and plants were icy but the roads were surprisingly (and pleasantly) clear. No matter...it gave me time with the Missus, the father-in-law, the dogs, and...World of Tanks!

Now for my next confession: I've been playing a LOT of World of Tanks. A LOT! Which means I'm not doing as much writing as I would like. But: 1) It's been cathartic and relaxing. (Well, except when my tank goes BOOM!). And 2) It's given me an idea for a new story!

Which brings up the next topic...stories. Writers have two problems when it comes to stories: 1) A lack of new ideas and 2) an excess of new ideas! Right now, I have a folder that is rapidly filling with new ideas and no idea if I'll ever get to them. But that's okay! I'd rather have too many than too few. 

I am committed to completing the new sci-fi novel (sequel to Death Haunts the Stars) then I'll finish Quest for the Obsidian Blade. After that I'd like to start on the Young Adult (YA) steam punk story. And now I can add a spy/thriller novel AND a tanker/gamer novel to the list. Plus, I think Kyle and I have (at least) one more Terra-Bravo story in us.

**********

My current list of e-books are still available through Amazon.com. Check them out on my Amazon Author Page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney.


**********

With the Winter weather vacillating between pleasant and foul, please be careful out there! 

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment