Monday, January 15, 2018

And the Beat Goes On...

Greetings!

Well, research for the new non-fiction book has gotten off to a rocky start. Two weeks ago, I purchased a new tablet to help me with research and note-taking. It took about 6 hours to set it up for its intended use. It functioned nicely...until it started giving me an error code regarding the micro-SD memory card. Then, it totally corrupted the memory card! And took with it two day's worth of notes!

So I did some online research to figure out how to fix the memory card problem. I discovered that this particular model of tablet has a major memory card problem that has yet to be resolved by the manufacturer. Argh! 

So, I spent a little time researching some other tablets online. Then the next morning, I wiped the tablet and took it back to the store. The sales reps were great! Based on my research into other  tablets, I purchased a new tablet (from a different manufacturer). This time it only took 4 hours to get it set up and I was back in business. Fortunately, I was able to reconstruct my lost notes (and set up a backup process). 

**********

Meanwhile, my current books are available in e-book and paperback formats on my Amazon Author page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney.



**********

On a side note, over the next few months I'll be conducting photography for IFSTA's Facility Fire Brigades, 2nd edition. This will involve a number of out-of-state trips which will slow me down a bit on the new book.

Winter is making itself felt (on and off) here in beautiful Stillwater, OK. The next cold front passes through today with what promises to be some bitterly, brutal low temperatures and wind chills tomorrow morning. Brrrrrr!

Be safe out there!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey M. Fortney – 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment