Monday, January 29, 2018

Next Steps

To help find like-minded authors, I've been searching Facebook and other websites. One site I found on FB is the Conservative-Libertarian Fiction Alliance. It's a great site with some awesome folks; very welcoming to newcomers. And...it looks like I may get in on the ground floor of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Creators Guild! Wonderful opportunities to network, learn some tricks from other writers, and get my ideas out to more people!

**********

On another note, I've had begun putting words on "paper" (okay, bits and bytes into a digital file) for the new book. I've roughed out the first part of Chapter 1 and will be adding to that this evening. I'm up to the problems the American states had under the Articles of Confederation in the late-1770s and early-1780s. Independence had been declared and the Revolutionary War was underway, but the Articles of Confederation didn't cover all of the issues the Original 13 States experienced during this period.

**********

I just received another royalty payment from Amazon. I'm not exactly setting the book sales world on fire, but I AM making money off of the stories I've written. Just need more visibility and the sales figures WILL go up! If you, or someone you know, likes science fiction, action, adventure, mystery, or space opera please send them to my Amazon Author Page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney. My books are available in paperback and e-book formats!



**********

I want to give everyone a heads up that over the next few months, I may not post as often as I usually do. I'll be going on some extensive photo shoots for the paying job to help finish off my latest work project. Research and writing on the new book should continue during the evenings as a means of stress relief!

I hope the weather has been mild for each of you! We've had some cold days and nights but still no snow. *sigh* (Watch! It'll fall when I need to go on a trip and trap me in Stillwater. Don't laugh, it's happened before!)

Stay safe!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey M. Fortney – 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment