Sunday, September 23, 2018

Books and e-Books

Writing is only part of an independent author's role. Getting published is another part. Self-publishing has provided independent authors a variety of platforms to choose from. Some of these platforms include:
- Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP)
- Lulu
- AuthorHouse
- Blurb
- Kobo
- SmashWords

And these are only a few. There are many others out there. 

I've used SmashWords and KDP. SmashWords helped me get my e-books onto a variety of e-book websites. Sadly, sales were dismal. I shifted over to KDP and sales picked up! Now, I only use KDP.

The KDP programs for e-books and paperbacks are very straight forward and easy to use. The sales tracking and reporting systems work well and receiving my payments is simplicity in itself.

**********

Advertising is another important part of self-publishing. KDP does a pretty good job of sending out e-mail ads for independent authors. Still, each author must find other means of advertising their books. I use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, and (of course) Blogger to write about writing AND advertise my books. These rely upon you, my readers, to share with others what I share with you!


Arizona State Guard: Bloody Border (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $6.99)
Arizona State Guard: Target Terror (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $7.99)
Arizona State Guard: Freedom’s Forge (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $8.99)
Arizona State Guard Trilogy (e-book: $6.99 ONLY)

Chaos on Terra-Prime (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $7.99)
Foothold on Terra-Bravo (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $7.99)
Crisis on Terra-Bravo (e-book: $2.99 / paperback: $8.99)
The Terra-Bravo Saga: Volume 1 (e-book: $4.97 ONLY)

Camadin Station One: Death Haunts the Stars (e-book: $3.99 / paperback: $7.99)

Camadin Station Two: Last Stand (e-book: $3.99 / paperback: $8.99)


**********

Fall is DEFINITELY in the air here in Stillwater, Oklahoma! Temperatures are cooler and the leaves are starting to change colors and fall from the trees. One of my favorite times of the year.

Be safe out there and enjoy!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey M. Fortney – 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment