Monday, May 16, 2016

Qapla' (Klingonese for "Success!")

What a truly successful last few days!

Julie and I went to Arkadelphia, AR, on Friday to help Gary pack up his dorm room contents. He's done! He graduated on Saturday morning with a Bachelors of Science degree...summa cum laude! He'll spend the Summer here then he and Stoni will be heading to Columbus, OH, for the next chapter of their lives.

Driving is always a great time for me because while Julie sleeps, I can drive AND think about the story (or stories, in this case) I'm working on. Had a lot of thoughts this trip on how to wrap up Arizona State Guard: Freedom's Forge AND to add to my mental "bible" for the next book, Quest for the Obsidian Blade! We made it back Saturday evening and went right to sleep, so no writing then.

Sunday, I got off to a slow start but by afternoon I was ready to do my advertising (minus this blog) AND do so writing. By the end of the evening, I'd finished 5 pages of Chapter 19, the final chapter of the new book. 

Well, tonight I wrote one final page and so the first draft of ASG: Freedom's Forge is officially done!!! Now to take a week (evenings) off to let my mind wander and relax, then next Monday night I will begin the edits and e-publishing preparation work to get it ready for Amazon's Kindle Direct Program. I anticipated at least two weeks of edits, perhaps more.

**********

In the meantime, don't forget my earlier books. They are still available through my Amazon Authors Page at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney.

Chaos on Terra-Prime - $2.99
Foothold on Terra-Bravo - $2.99
Crisis on Terra-Bravo $2.99
The Terra-Bravo Saga - Volume 1 (box set) - $5.97
‪#‎TerraBravoSaga

Arizona State Guard: Bloody Border - $3.99
Arizona State Guard: Target Terror - $3.99
‪#‎ArizonaStateGuard

Death Haunts the Stars - $4.99
‪#‎DeathHauntsTheStars

Honing Your Instructional Skills - $0.99

As Stillwater's little conical, rotating visitor proved to us last week, Spring weather can be dangerous and unpredictable. Stay safe, everybody!

Jeffrey 

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment