Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Thrill of Success and the Agony of De-shoulders

What a busy and frustrating couple of weeks Julie and I have had! 

Took Friday afternoon off (two weeks back) to begin work on the final part of the repairs to our backyard fence that was damaged a couple of months back. During the week, we'd dug post holes, cut tubes for cementing the posts in, and got the posts installed. Friday, we installed cross bracing between several posts and re-installed several fence panels. Julie also dug a hole for a Japanese Maple that we were going to transplant once the "old" fence was removed.

The following Saturday morning we were up early and out in the yard to complete the project. We disassembled the remaining "old" fence and salvaged the gate hardware. We built and installed a new gate, then pulled the two remaining "old" posts and their cement anchors. At that point, we stopped working on the fence, and shifted over to digging out the Japanese Maple (as carefully as we could!!!) and transplanting it to its new home.

With that accomplished, we modified the last two post holes, installed tubes, put the posts in, and cemented them in place. We did some cross bracing, then re-installed the fence panels! Huzzah! Mission complete AND successful. Oh, the thrill of success!!!

But success often comes at a price. That Saturday was a beautiful, temperate, sun-shiny day! Couldn't have asked for better to get this work done. I mentioned the sun, right? Well, we both got pretty badly sunburned...particularly on our shoulders. Hence, the agony of De-shoulders!

When I finally started writing this post a day or so later, I was finally feeling a little better...blistered but not too bad. Ain't the first time this has happened; probably won't be the last.

Well, on that Sunday, I was cleaning up the yard and tripped over an old willow stump; scraping the hell out of my left ankle! Which proceeded to get infected (somewhat)! Oh, and the mild blistering of the sunburn turned worse. *sigh* I'm peeling like one of the alien Visitors from the old television series, "V".

So, I didn't gotten much of anything written that week BUT...I did work on the new novel in my head so when I DO sit down to write, there's gonna be a lot of new material written.

So this past week has been spent recuperating from the sunburn and ankle infection. The good news is...Julie and I are feeling MUCH better today!

So much better that I MUST do some writing tonight! I can feel it in my bones that I MUST write! I'll let you know via my Facebook page how that goes.

***********

My co-worker and fellow author, Brad McLelland, pointed out the benefits of using hashtags on Twitter to help spread the word about my books. So you'll start seeing more and more of these in my tweets! Thanks, Brad!

***********

Reads and sales of my existing books has been down of late, so I ask once more if you'd all be so kind as to put the word out about my e-books. You've all been fantastic in doing so and I greatly appreciate your help in telling folks about my e-books!

My e-books are available at www.amazon.com/author/jeffreyfortney:

Chaos on Terra-Prime - $2.99
Foothold on Terra-Bravo - $2.99
Crisis on Terra-Bravo $2.99
The Terra-Bravo Saga - Volume 1 (box set) - $5.97

Arizona State Guard: Bloody Border - $3.99
Arizona State Guard: Target Terror - $3.99

Death Haunts the Stars - $4.99


Honing Your Instructional Skills - $0.99



***********

Let's ALL be careful out there, folks! (To include yours truly!)

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment