Wednesday, July 22, 2015

EUREKA!!!

I think I've had an epiphany regarding the new e-novel! 

Wait! Let's stop and let me take a step back for a moment. In my last blog post, I discussed how difficult it is to write a mystery...this mystery, in point of fact. I must admit...I'm having a tough go of it on this one.

Which brings us to my EUREKA moment...I think I've discovered a means to make it come together faster AND work!

As I've said, I have been trying to write a mystery story; definitely something outside of my comfort zone and experience. So, here's what I'm gonna do...

I'm going to work on the story as if it was one of my action, adventure, and science fiction stories. This will pick up the pace of the story and the pace at which it is written! The game plan:

1) I'm going to go back to my outline and do some tweaking. (Tweaking...a highly technical term used by writers of all types. It means making changes, small, large, and everything in between!) 

2) I'll modify the five and a half chapters written thus far. 

3) Then I'll write more chapters until I reached my projected stopping point.

4) I'll go back and splice in the mystery-type components (clues, clues, clues!) to the expand the story in that direction.

5) Then it'll be edit-review-edit-proof time!

So, we'll see how this works. I've already begun revamping the outline. A couple of more days of that, then back to the story!

Wish me luck!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment