Friday, July 3, 2015

What a Week!!!

Folks, I was really hoping to get back on track this week with the murder mystery set in space (titled Seven Parsecs to Camadin) but haven't made it...yet!

Last Sunday, after a year of difficulty, I was finally able to get my computer to run dual monitors for an extended desktop! It took cursing, cajoling, and a $30 adapter, but it's working. Of course, having dual monitors means I would need room on my desk for both. Uh...the existing hutch only had room for one monitor. Damn!!!

So, I did some measuring, then some sketching, then went to my friendly neighborhood Lowes (where the Boss Lady works, by the way). Picked up some lumber and stain then raced home and set up my table saw. Cut, cut here; cut, cut there; then a little screwing around. (Hey, I like to use screws instead of nails when I build things!) 


Then I stained it and let the Sun work its magic to dry the stain. Waited a couple of hours, brought it inside and attached it to the desk, and voila...


Dual monitors with extended screen AND more usable desk space! 

So, since then I've been running some checks and updates on my computer to make the most of the dual monitors. I did get some advertising done but no writing, I'm sad to say.

But...this IS the 4th of July weekend and I WILL get some writing done!


**********

In the meantime, June was a really good month for sales. Sold a little bit of everything but the two big sellers were the Arizona State Guard books. I look forward to when I can do more advertising, get the books out before more potential readers, and ring up more sales! 


**********

I've also been very busy at the office working on various parts of my three projects and helping others with theirs. Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting 6th is coming along fantastically! Got all the tech review comments down to Graphics and have a clean layout on my desk for any final typos, corrections, or tweaks. As soon as the index comes in, it'll be back to Graphics to be sent to the printers!


**********

I've also been helping my son, Kyle, remove some trees from the back of his property. It's always fun to work with my sons on a project.

**********

I hope and pray everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July tomorrow. I know there is the usual risk of people being injured (or even killed) while playing with fireworks, playing on our waterways, and even the risk of some terror attacks. Please stay alert, safe, and healthy!

Jeffrey

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment