Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Experiment with Limited Success

A number of my co-workers bring lunches and craft projects to work and have crafting lunches in our conference room. In an experiment to save some time and (gas) money driving across town from work to home and back for a lunch, I thought I'd do some writing over lunch. I took my personal laptop to work so I wouldn't be using office equipment to work on my story(ies).

I've tried this on a few occasions and have come to the conclusion...it's just not worth it. By the time I set up my (older) personal laptop, get it up and running, and try to write while eating my lunch, I get about a page in before it's time to start shutting down and putting stuff away. I'm just not getting the page counts I was looking for.

So, I'm going to stay at the office for lunch to continue saving gas money and wear and tear on my vehicle. Instead of writing I'll just read a book and relax while enjoying my lunch.
-----
Foothold on Terra-Bravo picked up another sale this morning taking us to 60 units sold(!) and then this evening we got yet another sale!!! It's not melting the digital highway but it IS moving.

I'm investigating how much it would cost to have the bookmarks (and maybe the cards) printed at the local Staples instead of buying the card stock and ink and doing it myself. It would definitely get done faster and better quality but I'm not sure how much I'll be saving.
-----
Got four more pages written on Crisis on Terra-Bravo today! Probably 10 - 15 more pages of the sleeper agent storyline and then back to more exploring and other adventure with strange and exotic animals.
-----
Enough for tonight. Tomorrow promises to be a LONG day at the office!

Stay safe, my friends!

Jeff

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment