Friday, September 20, 2013

Driving and the Creative Process

This weekend, Julie and I helped our youngest move back into the dorms to start his second year of college (Huzzah! Empty-nesters, again!). It's roughly 7 hours to his university from our house, so I did plenty of driving on Saturday and Sunday.

Between conversations with Julie, my mind wandered back to The Colony on Terra-Bravo. I realized I'd goofed when dealing with a problem in the first chapter and with some minor tweaking (a highly technical term for "rewriting") in that chapter, I could create significant problems for our hero and his personnel over the course of the book.

By the time we reached our daughter's house on Saturday, I'd added some major tension to the storyline and tightened up some loose ends nicely. By the time we arrived home this evening, I'd mentally made significant changes to the outline for The Colony on Terra-Bravo that should only IMPROVE the book as a whole!

Once we got home, played with Remi (our Lab-Australian Shepard mix pup), and unloaded the vehicle, it was time for me to update the outline on my computer to prepare for this week's writing frenzy! Look out, Terra-Bravo...starting tomorrow night, I'm gonna rock your alternate reality!
----
Foothold on Terra-Bravo is moving along at the Kindle Storage. While I can't say it's flying off the shelves, we are getting sales. I'm looking forward to getting the word out on a variety of e-book websites and forums in the very near future.
----
Before closing tonight, I'd like to give a shout-out to a friend and co-worker who is hair follicles deep in a 48-hour film creation project / competition! He and some friends took 2nd place and some other awards with a previous entry and should do even better this time around! Brad, here's wishing you and your team all the best!!!
----
'Til next time...Stay Safe!

Jeff

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2013

Sunday, August 18, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment