Friday, September 20, 2013

Hubpages

Some folks have noticed from time to time that I've posted some links on Facebook to articles I've written and published on Hubpages. I discovered Hubpages in 2012 while searching for information on an old Edgar Rice Burroughs character.

Hubpages is a website community where writers (called Hubbers) can post the content they generate (called Hubs) and earn money when Hubpages posts advertisements on their "Hubs." Many Hubbers can generate a Hub or two each day on a wide variety of topics from making apple pies to photography to zebra racing. (Okay, maybe not zebra racing...yet!) The more Hubs a writer has and the more views each Hub gets, the more money generated by the advertisements.

As of today, I've written 35 Hubs, mostly about old book series, comic books, movies/television, and other topics. I can usually research, write, and acquire images for a Hub in a couple of hours. While I'd like to say this has made me a ton of money, it hasn't...yet. I need to get my Hub count and viewership way up.

What writing Hubs has done is re-invigorate the creative writer in me! I call it "recharging my batteries" so that I feel more creative and more interested in writing.

If you'd like to check out some of my Hubs, my Hubpage profile can be found here!

Cheers, everybody!

Jeff

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2013
 
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment