Friday, September 20, 2013

Well, I've Finally Done It

Well, I've finally done it:

- Written a novel and got it e-published with the help of my son, Kyle!

and

- Started a blog!

The Novel:

Foothold on Terra-Bravo, the first book in a new science fiction/adventure series, is now available at the Kindle Store. The story has been pinging around in my mind for a couple of decades and the wife and kids have heard me describe it, rework it, and describe it again. They finally told me to get it written and so I did. In doing so, I realized I needed a little help with the dialog and Kyle jumped in to help. Thank you, son!

If you'd like to take a look, go here!

I've already begun work on the second book of the series, The Colony on Terra-Bravo. My game plan is to have it e-published by the end of 2013.

The Blog:

So, I've had an Internet presence for some time with the family website, Facebook, Hubpages, and other forums and such. Why a blog and why now? Well, truth to tell, to help promote the novel. While I've had numerous fire service training manuals published, this is my first novel and I want to promote it. See, there can be truth in advertising!

I've other books in mind at this time:

- The sequel to Foothold on Terra-Bravo (and, perhaps, a continuation of the series).
- A children's book series.
- A collection of science fiction and fantasy short stories I'm currently working on.

So, another place to brag about them is great!

I'll almost blog from time to time about the writing process, where I'm at on various project, and maybe just some miscellaneous meanderings of my middle-age mind.

So...welcome! Enjoy the experience! I sure plan to do so!

Jeff

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment