Friday, September 20, 2013

Technology and Writing

I've become spoiled by technology at my work. The computer systems that are provided for editorial personnel include dual monitors to give us more options to view a variety of data.

Naturally, I wanted at some point to do the same to my computer in my home office. I finally broke down and purchased the VGA y-splitter cord...only to discover my computer's video card would not support splitting my display. Argghhh!!!

Oh, well. Back to a single screen for now. Kyle says that he has sufficient components to build a PC that could support dual monitors. Maybe another father-son project in our future.
----
Had two more sales overnight and we received our first customer review. The gentleman enjoyed the story, gave us a solid 4, and some other feedback. Thank you, sir!
----
This past week I tried an experiment with revising the cover for Foothold on Terra-Bravo. I wasn't too happy with the colored-pencil version so I tried to do a water color version. What do you think?

----

I took last night off to go on a date with the Missus. We had a wonderful dinner, followed by a visit to our county fair. I expect to do some writing this evening, tomorrow evening, and the better part of Monday on Crisis on Terra-Bravo.

----

Yes! Chapter 4 of Crisis on Terra-Bravo is in the bag! Five pages and 2,389 words tonight. Ah, it's coming together.

Be careful out there!

Jeff

© Jeffrey M. Fortney - 2013

Saturday, August 31, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment